The Audacity - Part II

My husband and I celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary back in May of this year and I am deeply reflective of the time and space that has led to my present.  Many of my posts throughout the last 12 months depict both the losses and the gains that transpired from Alex's and my marriage in 2020, and while some circumstances remain deeply painful, my choice to focus on the positive stands firm and strong (1 Corinthians 15:58).  I've learned much about the people in my life, and also myself, my husband, and our ability to withstand the fires of hell and the wrath of man.  The winds of adversity have, at times, been scorching, but the cooling waves of God's love between us have formed an oasis of life in the desert storms of the devil's schemes.  The heat hasn't withered us; by the sweet and loving grace of God it has strengthened us (James 1:2-3), so as we celebrate the ongoing adventure of following God through consistently new terrain, we remain steadfastly unhindered in our audacity to be happy.  I encourage you to do the same.  There's an inexplicable pain that I carry with me daily from not having my daughter with me, so nothing about my life is perfect, but not all things about it are imperfect either.  I am married to my best friend, soul mate, and love of my life, I have a ridiculously amazing 16 year old son who keeps me laughing, and I genuinely love what I get to do for a living.  It's a tricky balance some days between getting sucked into the painful parts of my life and pulling myself up to focus on the beauty of it, even when I hurt.  Don't wait for your life to be pain or error free before you purpose to enjoy it.  The "perfect" life will slip through your fingers right when you think you've finally grasped it.  So, have the audacity to rise from the ash, stand after you've been knocked down, and smile...even when your heart is breaking.  When society judges you for what you believe God has called you to do, have the audacity to do it anyway.  When your passions are the point of scorn by most of society, be even more audacious in your pursuit.  And when the world tells you who not to love, have the audacity to love them more.  

"If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh
The road of my marriage to Alex has often been pebbled with unfavorable public opinion.  Honestly, most people didn't and still don't understand our journey and they may not grasp yours either.  Guess what?  It's okay.  The right people will always remain and those whose chapter is complete in your life, just know that you're safe in turning the page.  Breathe, my friend, trust, and let go.  The last year for us has been a lesson in overcoming, building, believing, and trusting in the God who brought us together.   We've both had time to move peacefully forward into a warm embrace of what is to come while gently releasing those people and things that need to be left behind.  The hatred of the world may try to divide you, but friend, the love of Christ can unite you.  Whether the battle lines try to appear between you and your calling or you and a loved one, look up.  The Lord will show you with whom and what to be aligned, and if onlookers dislike or disapprove, remember Galatians 1:10 - 

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings or of God? Or, am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." 

Don't let the world tell you who you are, who to love, or how to carry out your life's mission and purpose.  Instead, look to the One who made you and have the audacity to believe that the God who formed you is bigger than the world who scorns you.  Isaiah 43:1 says "I have summoned you by name, you are mine." Insert your name there, friend.  If you've given your life to God through Jesus Christ, then You have now been adopted into the Kingdom of Heaven (Ephesians 1:5) and belong to the Creator of the universe.  When you look in the mirror, see yourself as the "precious and honored" (Isaiah 43:4) man or woman that you are.  You are God's "treasured possession" (Exodus 19:5) and called to do something in this world that only you can do.  I don't know what that something is, but God does and He's waiting for you to sever the toxic ties you've maintained for so long.  This is the sign you've been looking for.  It's time. Your future starts now and public approval is not needed because you already have God's.  Now, go.  Have the audacity to fulfill your dreams and live the life you always wanted.  

"Surely I am with you always, until the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20


Comments

Popular Posts